Jodie L. Wright
Creative Memories Consultant
Memory Evangelist
Creative Coach
Digital Artist

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

To Scrapbook or Not to Scrapbook...

Any serious scrapbooker will tell you that it's not a hobby, but a lifestyle.  I've been scrapping for over a decade now and have even "trained" my children and husband to collect items for our family books.  My desire to scrapbook never wanes but the time I have available to do so fluctuates.  My full-time job, service as chair of two hard working committees,  parenting of three boys, cultivation of a marriage, and care of our home don't always afford me the spare time to exercise my creative muscles. And lets not forget our menagerie of pets who are always looking for a lap to curl up in or who think nothing of walking through a tray of glitter.

Art has always been my release and it has taken many forms over the years.  I am in love with the creative process and before kids, marriage and life's responsibilities, I pursued many forms of artistic expression.  All of the tools of which are boxed and binned in my ever bursting craft room.  The creative process is a stress reliever for me and it's how I decompress.  Lately, I just haven't had time to sit down and complete even one page. And I miss it...  If I put goals around it, like completing a certain number of pages in a month, I'm afraid it will become just another to-do in an ever growing, never ending list of to-dos.

So, this weekend after a week filled with work and committee obligations, I will take a break from caring for our home.  I will still parent, I will still have conversation with my husband but I will do it in my pjs and big fluffy bathrobe, from the comfort of my favorite chair while I CREATE.  If I don't carve out the time to do this for myself, I won't be worth a darn for anything else. 

No comments: